When it comes to self-defense, BJJ empowers a smaller individual to fight against a larger opponent. But the advantages don’t stop there – BJJ helps kids gain confidence, learn discipline, focus their energy, foster respect for others, and be a part of a one-of-a-kind community full of future friends and mentors!
Carlos Machado Jiu Jitsu Lake Highlands
Our cubs program is for 3 to 5 years old. The tiniest Martial Artist and the cutest ones!
They are literally copying everything they see. At this stage they need positive role models, defined boundaries, instructions that are easy to follow and of course have fun.
Our focus is to introduce the kids to jiu jitsu, help them develop a respect for the mats, open their ears and listen to instructions, provide a safe and fun form of physical activity and teach the difference between sport, play and martial arts.
There are many benefits for kids and adults that do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, in the cubs program we pay special attention to these:
- Improve their motor skills and coordination
- Help them increase their independence and self awareness
- Build up self esteem by encouraging words and positive reinforcement
- Introduce them to jiu jitsu by positional training
- Provide a fun environment for growth and learning
Come try a class and find out how Jiu Jitsu can help your child’s development!